Which DAWs do you use? (plus do you use trackers?)

Currently using OpenMPT, LMMS, Audacity and rarely Wavosaur. Planning to use Cakewalk once i get bored of LMMS.
Used to use FL studio demo more than 10 years ago, decided not to pay a fortune at all so i currently use only free stuff but i might pay for reaper or zrythm one day if some of my music will demand it

What about you? Anyone using sth like MilkyTracker? Renoise? Or do you prefer traditional DAWs like FL and Ableton? Or you do all recording and editing in sth like Audacity?

1 Like

Logic Pro (Primary) … Garageband (Mobile) , Audacity (Mp3 Compression)

1 Like

Just looked at Bandlab website, they announced 2 new Cakewalk DAWs both paid replacing current free one apparently. Fortunately i downloaded free version before the announcement and i hope i dont have to buy Next nor SONAR, unless maybe they’re decently priced

Hi from France
I use Reaper for years

2 Likes

Awesome! I heard only good things about it :slightly_smiling_face:

Logic and Live about 50/50

1 Like

an assortment of softwares, reaper, ableton, renoise…like the flow of trackers, yeah, more open to opportunities of exploration, letting the voices of noises do their thing :slight_smile: . i also use vcv rack, both in the daw and standalone. and also sound editors to cut samples. it’s fun rearranging little bitty pieces.

2 Likes

I have one laptop that does reaper and one that has Logic pro. Reaper is fine and if I had a decent keyboard, I would probably just use that. But Logic has stock instruments and plugins that are worth the $200. If you put time into building a decent plugin and sampler library, reaper is very cost effective and still powerful. As a lazy musician…

1 Like

Interesting. Do you use Audacity for compression because there are noticeable differences, or is it to suit your workflow?
No hurry to reply, I’m just curious :wink:

Oh and i use GarageBand '08

I’m in GarageBand as well. I’m not savvy with it but I know folks that do some really good work with it.

I use reaper on my win 10 desktop to record the midi and like that… I use logic on my MacBook pro laptop I used to use the garage band on the laptop but my old iPad garage band files don’t open on the laptop anymore… :frowning: I use audacity for simple editing and mp3 making… logic has a bunch of software synthesizers in it and I am programming Max 8 to play those synthesizers it’s cool to setup a random note and length of notes stream into a synth on logic and play with the synth software settings and parameters like that… I have been over working logic and it usually ends up crashing but I just restart and go again…

Good question…

1 Like